Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yes we are fools... hehehehe!!!

It seems the Indian government has blocked a list of 18 URLs including blogger.com, giving the most obvious reason saying “some terrorists are using blogs to communicate”

I think the person who even thought of giving that reason has gone mad. .Here is a piece of my experience.

Through some resource I came to know that you can access your blog through http://www.pkblogs.com. When I tried accessing my blog through this URL, I could by-pass the firewall at the ISPs end. Not only that, I could click on the “view comment “link and go through the comment page too. If the government has blocked blogger.com, how could anyone access the comments URL that starts with http://www.blogger.com!!! And we are talking about security!!! “terrorists are using blogs to communicate!” …

Comment page screen grab:



Alternately I could also access my blog through a proxy IP. If the terrorists can use RDX and a time bomb, they can very well use a proxy to access their blog and “communicate”..

I don’t know if I should laugh at this whole thing or start making money out of it … at least I wont have to say “me paying tax and not getting anything in return!”

And ohh, as you can see ... i could post this article through proxy :P..how smart and efficient is our government


Comments:
duh f***s!!!

that's what they are
 
Haha.. I heard about it too n read this proxy server at naother blog n have been pasting this by pass for other Indian bloggers who cant access...Security at its zenith I SWEAR...This will make an interesting newpaper article....
 
Hi,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘metamemphis does not stay here’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,
Ray
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?