Monday, January 30, 2006

Wedding wedding in the air..

At marriages, all old aunties come up to me and say “u r next, u r next” and at every funeral I walk up to them n say “u r next u r next”.

You are 25 years old and under a lot of pressure from your parents to get married. Till now you have been avoiding the discussion by making excuses like.. “no mom, I still have to settle down in life .. no dad, see I am at a lower management level, now, if I can spend some more time at office I will become Sr. Manager soon” et al.

But come winter and (also known as “marriage season”), you just can not avoid the topic. Your attendance to atleast one marriage function is mandatory, where you meet uncles and aunties from across the globe of different sizes and shapes. They all seem to have a common concern for you “So beta, when are U getting married?” There was no guessing what happened when I attended one of my cousins wedding a few days back.

This time around at the wedding my mom frequently called me saying.. “Son meet so and so and she is their daughter, so and so”. And each time I had this “Lost in the wonder land” expression on my face. First looking at my mother saying “Maa, am interested in no girl from this place”. And then looking at the girl giving a Joey’s “How u doin?” looks ;). Time n again I have told Mom not to look out for a potential “Bahu” for herself. But meri sunn ta kaun hai!

But I was wrong; this time god himself came to my rescue. An uncle of mine unknowingly broke my spectacles. Initially I got very pissed at him, later on confiding that mom has stopped calling me ever since my dear uncle broke my glasses (Oh, does that mean I don’t look presentable with out specs? Have never checked it but I must soon, but how?.. without specs!). Anyways.

So after the wedding, while returning home ..

Mom: Did u see that girl? She is so pretty no?
Me: no
Mom: But I saw u staring at her!
Me: ….. (How should I explain Mom that I can’t see things standing in front of me without my specs?)

Moral of the story: God does help needy people (we always find excuses to any and every damn thing)


Comments:
y u frettin mah boy... god has not only helped you but also given you a subtle clue... next time when you go to marriages, please do take your specs off and keep it in your car... and then take a stroll around the place... and see (actually not see) what happens...

but dont blame god if you accidentally miss out on some cutie cutie lil women in marriage ceremonies...
 
kuch jeet ne ke liye kuch haar na bhi padta hai .. aur haar ke jitne wale ko baazigar keh te hai ...
 
winny: thanks fo rhte advice. SK ko copy???
 
Hihihihi...I guess every Indian has tht question. weddings r pretty much a fertile ground to see some guys n gals.. But I rather consider it a flirting zone!! U look good with glasses though...:)
 
I dont mind flirting too provided the other person is good at it otherwise its a boring job..and regarding specs .. Thanks :)
 
Funny....each time I go to weddings I wish I had specs I couldn't see without, which I had left at home.
 
idea: how bout buying urself a hat n wearing it during the wedding ceremony?.. ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?