Thursday, January 19, 2006

Banoonga mein Minister India

I am on leave so I am allowed crack really pathetic joke!

Ok that didn’t make sense but its ok.

So the joke is like…

Our own Mr. Santa singh is all set to travel to London for the first time in his life. All excited he reaches the airport 4 hours before the departure. At the check-in counter he asks the lady, “mam, may I know the model number of the air craft?”. The lady at the counter all eager to share the information, replies back saying “sure Sir, Y not. It is Boing 747”.

Papaji all overjoyed knowing the fact that he will be traveling by BOING 747. Time comes when all passengers are asked to board the flight. Mr. Santa also jumps in the air craft. Now the flight is all ready to take off, and all of a sudden Santa starts shouting “BOING BOING BOING”. Hearing this, pilot gets bugged, he comes out and shouts back “BE SILENT”.

So Santa says “ok, sorry Pilotji”. And en again starts shouting “OING OING OING”.

;).

Its not the case with only Sardars. Trust me. Don’t believe me read on…

On 17th and 18th of Jan 2006, ya that is yesterday and day before I was at IAMAI conclave. Over all it was fun being there. Got a chance to meet a lot of people from within the industry and from out side the industry.

The star attraction of the event was Mr. Dayanidhi Maran, Honorable Minister of Communications & Information Technology, India. He is a very smart person. I also hear that he is a Harverd Grad. To a great extend he has a vision as to what should be done to take the country’s Comm. And IT industry above USA’s and UK’s (I do not understand the funda of comparison!). But I guess due to certain frame work and resistance from the government he is not able to implement his ideas as efficiently as he would want.

Now it so happens that, Mr. Neville Taraporewalla, Director & Country General Manager, Yahoo India calls upon Mr. Minister on the stage. He introduces Mr. Minister by giving some background info etc etc. And en he calls upon Mr. Minister to say “a few words” and give his point of view on the topic of discussion. So with all goody goody smile he stands in front of the mic and starts his speech by saying “I would like to thank Mr. Neville, Director and Country General Manager, AHOO India.....................”.

Ohh yes, AHOO India and not YAHOO India. And I just couldn’t control my laughter. No I am no saying am “the dude”. I am thepla, I am gujju, I make more mistakes en anyone else in this world, but its just funny hearing something like this. Nobody here requested Mr. Minister to “BE (or y) silent” but it just happened!

I have no intention of making fun of any of our minister, especially Comm and It minister coz he is the one who will be able to take this industry and country to a new age era and will give us higher bandwidth so called “broadband connection”.(when I say broadband, I mean anything above 2 MBPS, 24x7). But it’s just funny for first few minutes.

It’s like names where “h” is silent, Niles, Dharmes, Jignes…………the list is long.

Thank god my name doesn’t end with “h” ….

Comments:
arz hai...

hamne kaha BE POSITIVE, BE POSITIVE....
woh pak kar boli, BE SILENT...
to hamne B silent karke kaha, POSITIVE POSITIVE

WAH WAH WAH...

tu bhi pakaoo aur mein bhi pakaoo... ab B silent ho gaya to kya bacha bol... HI PAKAOOO :)

chal abhi bahut pakaya :D
 
Hahhaha....Comms Minister can't communicate Yahoo but just hoos on it....After his "hooing", I can imagine everyone wanting to BOO him....:) :).....
 
pls scribblez, its not his problem, its the "south indian" thing ;)
 
LOL@ the PJ,

Metamephis, will u be there for the first bombay bloggers meet of the year?

serry (h is silent)
 
Hey serry ;), I am not sure if I will be able to attend the meet. I'll try my best though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?